In line in front of a gentleman at Wal-Mart I couldn’t help but count my blessings. The contents of his basket were simple & few. His clothes were tattered. His face & hair were unkempt. He fumbled with a few crumpled bills and muttered to himself. It was obvious he was trying to calculate if he had enough to cover the charge. I looked at my full basket and felt very â€¦ excessive. And from that time throughout the rest of the day I counted.
1. I never have to wonder whether or not I have enough money to pay for the contents of my basket. I know I do because my husband has an excellent job that more than meets our needs.
2. My children (or in fact, myself) have never even come close to going hungry.
3. I have a car that runs well and I have enough funds to keep it full of gas despite the high prices.
4. We live in a home that is cooled in the summer and heated in the winter.
5. We are surrounded by family & friends on whom we could lean in an emergency.
6. There have been precious few emergencies in my life.
7. My family is healthy. 8. I know many people whom I can trust to care for my children.
14. ……….. Thank you, Lord for provision and care in every area of our lives. Help us to use it wisely and compassionately and to never take it for granted.